I am still not quite used to it not being a holiday period. My body and brain are sluggish and I am unable to settle to my usual routines yet. I am also so out of the ‘new year, new me’ vibe that’s everywhere right now. What to do, huh? My ideas:
1. Look at inspiring people – like the plus size model, Tara Lynn, above. People who are able to lift the spirit of those of us unable to achieve the accepted ‘norms’ of size and shape. Look great and be happy is a brilliant resolution at any time of the year.
2. Think about how to live life as best I can and don’t sweat the small stuff.
3. Do some things that make me feel good – reading, watching films, writing.
4. Do some chores to counter balance the ‘just cannot get it together’ feeling and make me feel I have done something rather than nothing in this slow period.
5. Be patient, be kind to myself, keep going though the motions and wait … my energies will be back. I just don’t quite know when …
What does anyone else do to get through a New Year Blues period?